Tuesday, April 5, 2011

what's for dinner tonight - greek vegetable pizza

I can't take any credit for this recipe but it looks good and I'm totally obsessed with greek food right now.  I always have tzatziki dip in the fridge and can make pitas in about 2 hours.  My breadmaker makes the dough for me in 1.5 hours and then I just have to roll it out and bake it.  I bought club house greek seasoning yesterday at Costco and found a few recipes under the label on the back.  This one caught my eye and of course my husband says "I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow night!"  I say of course, because he knows I'm obsessed with greek food and I love pizza and vegetables.  But I said that we don't have any feta.  However, I went out today and bought some.  So yay, this is what's for dinner tonight.

Greek Vegetable Pizza
1 12" prepared pizza crust (I always use this recipe and throw it in the breadmaker)
1c shredded mozzerella or pizza blend cheese
3 tbsp club house greek seasoning
1c sliced tomatoes
1c thinly sliced quartered zucchini
1/4c diced red onion
1/2c crumbled feta cheese (I got authentic greek sheep's milk feta)
1/3c pitted kalmata olives (optional)

Roll out pizza crust on pizza pan
Sprinkle half of mozzerella/pizza blend cheese on top of crust
Scatter remaining ingredients over cheese
Top with rest of mozzerella/pizza blend
Bake at 400F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done

I already have all the ingredients cut up and measured and put in individual containers in the fridge so that once I'm ready to put the pizza together it will take a minute or less and I can have dinner ready on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment